Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Let it snow?

I love the first snow of the season. It has been snowing for at least an hour now, and there's a about a half inch on the ground. I have no illusions of it sticking or staying until Thanksgiving, but it's pretty for now. I just hope it's still here when my mother in law comes later this afternoon.

The snowfall gave me a nice opportunity to finally capture the beauty that is my striped noro silk garden scarf. I'm about done, the husband needs about another six inches on it, and he'll be happy.



I'm actually very surprised that I'm still enjoying this knit. I thought that six feet of 1x1 rib was going to bore me to tears. Not the case. The silk garden is so beautiful and the color changes are so exciting. I may even knit another one.

I'm also working on a pair of mittens for the girl. Just your basic mitten in Araucania nature wool chunky. In pink, of course.



One down, one to go. Don't forget to check out Gina's blog for her month of mittens contest.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Glad you got to take an opportunity to use the snow for pics! I"m watching it out my office window...

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty mitten - and it looks so soft!

I love the scarf, too, although I'm pretty sure that even the lovely yarn wouldn't be enough to keep me sane for 6' of 1x1 rib.

p.s. I HATE the first snow (and all the snows after it!) :-)

1:04 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

What, no skulls for the girl?! (giggle) The pink mitten is beautiful.

LOVE the scarf. Noro is such magic.

4:15 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

haha -- for some reason, Gigi's post first ended up on my blog! too funny -- I was wondering who had knit pink mittens. Lovely, btw, and I was admiring the scarf from afar the other day -- gorgeous.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Beautiful scarf!!! Beautiful mitten! The mitten looks exactly like Ben's! Ann Budd, right?? He he. I was loving the snow today, too, and was so sorry when it ended....

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home