Thursday, November 08, 2007

Hey there

Okay, I'm back. I have some catching up to do, it's been a while.

First, I finished my very first triangular shawl:

This is the Forest Canopy Shawl by Susan Lawrence. Here's the Ravelry link. It's written as a small shoulder shawl using one skein of sock yarn, but I did mine with two skeins of Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool. It was a dream to work with and the color is so beautiful.



I also finished a bolero for The Girl. Halloween was kind of warm, so we didn't need coats. We did however need a little something to go over the spaghetti straps of the princess costume.



The pattern is Erika Knight's Fluffy Bolero from Simple Knits for Little Cherubs, although I did it in stash yarn (knitpicks merino style, in petal - two skeins) so it's not so fluffy. This pattern had a humongous error in that the first side has you knitting an arm with an 18-inch circumference for a 2-year-old. Luckily I found the corrections on another blog so I was able to do it correctly the first time around.

Currently on the needles are a sweater for The Husband, a hat for The Husband, and I'm about to start my first Month of Mittens mittens (see Gina's blog).

6 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Great FO's Jackie
What mittens are you doing? I need to make Nate some mittens like TODAY! haha

11:25 AM  
Blogger Gina House said...

The shawl is gorgeous on you and sooo soft. The little one's bolero is so feminine and pretty...looks perfect on her. And the clasp goes so well. Great job, J!!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I saw that lace in person and it was just gorgeous.

Olivia would love a little shrug like that.
I loved getting to meet you

6:01 PM  
Blogger Laurin said...

the girl is a little pink sweetie - pie!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Oh what beautiful FOs! I didn't realize that was your first triangular shawl. It is just gorgeous on you. Wear it well!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Beautiful shawl!
And love the girl's bolero too!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home