Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Hats On!

The past two days I have been without internet connection and phone, due to a faulty router. The internet is back up (thank goodness), but we're waiting for them to send us a new router for the phone. Grrrrr. This is after two days of phone calls, one trip to the computer store for a new network card (not needed) and untold frustration. I'm just glad I have my internet back. I can do without the phone.

So, knitting. I finished a hat for The Boy to match his new orange and navy winter coat. He didn't like it. I like it. He doesn't think it's flamey enough. I don't even know what that means.



I also needed a new hat, so Friday night at The Yarn and Fiber I picked up some Dream in Color Classy for an Amanda Hat for myself. I started it Friday night and was finished Saturday afternoon. I could not stop knitting this hat. It was so much fun. I have enough yarn left over for another hat and maybe even a pair of fingerless mitts. I'm going to knit the mitts first and then weigh the leftover.

Here's the hat on (forgive the dorkiness, please).



Details:
The Amanda Hat, by the fabulous Gina of Sleepy Eyes Knitting
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy, Gothic Rose
Started: Friday, November 30
Finished: Saturday, December 1

And here's a closeup for color and pattern.



Isn't it beautiful? I wore this hat all day in the house on Saturday. It's so comfortable.

Also OTN, I started another Silk Garden scarf for myself, but haven't gotten very far. I've also started one teacher's gift, a Branching Out scarf in Silky Wool in the gorgeous red. I hope to finish it in time.



By the way, he still likes the skull hat best:



Even if it doesn't match.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

oh WOW That Amanda Hat looks great on you!! Love the flame hat too (not flamey enough?? kids are so funny) The scarf is going to be pretty too!
Glad you have internet access back!

12:21 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

not flamey enough?? My, boys are fickle! I love it. The Amanda hat looks great, too -- nice color (and color name! haha). and, um, I used to be a teacher??? Don't suppose that counts???? LOVE that red!

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who says hats must match? I love the not flammey hat :-)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

You look adorable in that hat! Love it!

I think the boy's hat is very cool...it kind of reminds me of a scoop of pumpkin ice cream with whipped cream and blueberry syrup. Mmm....

I am drooling over the lacy scarf. Oh, yes! That Silky Wool is just amazing.

Hope you get your phone back soon! You can always use mine! I mean, our numbers are so close anyway...ha ha!

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love both the flame hat ( I would wear that myself if I stayed north) and the Amanda hat.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Laurin said...

the hat is awesome - although yeah, it could be a bit more flamey. a little bit. you can't knock it out of the park every time, right? Like that Amanda hat - it's f'in gorgeous and I really want to make it someday - same color. BEE-YOO-TEE-FULL. And your picture is not of the dorky - it is of the agonizingly cute!!!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

I love the Amanda hat. It looks great on you.

Tell him that the fire is so hot that the flames look different

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home