Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The agony and the irony

FO report: Mr. Greenjeans



I had such high hopes for this sweater. I loved everyone’s on Ravelry, everyone seemed so happy with theirs. I figured this sweater was a gimmie. Not mine. I love the yarn and the color, I picked the wrong size. I decided to ignore the measurements and knit the medium. I should have knit the small. There is too much positive ease and it needs to be frogged. I can’t bear to reknit this pattern, so I need to figure out what this yarn will be next.



I'm already over it, since I've cast on for the Gathered Pullover from the Winter '07 Interweave Knits. I picked up some Felted Tweed while on vacation last week, fully intending to knit the Tangled Yoke Cardigan, then I had an epiphany; I really don't like that style of close-fitting cardigan on myself. Instead I cruised Ravelry and found some really great versions of this sweater done with the felted tweed. I cast on the sleeve as my gauge swatch.



The color is called "rage". Isn't that just perfect?

Unfortunately I need to put this one down until I knit a birthday gift due at the end of the month. I hope to have better results with this sweater.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Oh no... don't frog Mr Greenjeans... I think it looks just fine on you in those 2 photos! And if you hate the fit that much, better to gift it to someone it fits than frog all that work!!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Oh, what a shame Mr. Greenjeans doesn't fit. It is beautiful! Have anyone knit worthy for whom you need a gift?

Good luck with the new sweater!

5:43 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

oh no. I am so sad you are unhappy with Mr greenjeans. If it is any consolation, mine fits pretty well, but the yarn didn't really soften up after washing. Bring yours tomorrow anyway to compare, k?? LOVE the new sweater and color. mmmm

6:54 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

I'm so sorry that Mr. Greenjeans disappointed you. I think it still looks great and it might be a comfortable sweater to just wear around the house, right?

Hope this newest sweater will work out MUCH better!!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home