Monday, May 19, 2008

A Sweater Story

I have nothing to show today. I'm still knitting the crap out of my Icarus shawl. The rows are getting l o n g e r. I just started chart no. 2. I should have this complete in a week or so (I'm hoping). The mermaid sweater is getting a row here and there. I have only just completed the first gusset. This might be the hardest pattern I've done to date. It occurred to me recently that my very first sweater, knit over two years ago, is still in use. The Christmas after I started knitting my mother-in-law gave me yarn, pattern, and needles for a sweater for The Girl. I laugh now remembering the story of how she went into the yarn store and requested materials for a cashmere sweater for a one-year-old. The salesperson talked her down from her cashmere fantasy and sold her some washable yarn and a pattern easy enough for a beginner.

It took me three months to knit that beginner sweater. I was knitting it when I first started going to my (awesome) knitting group. It was a little long for the girl then.



But it's just the perfect thing to wear on chilly spring mornings now.



(yes, I bribed her with yogurt to stand still for the photo)

5 Comments:

Blogger Lora said...

Cute Sweater!

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute little sweater on a cute little girl!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

That is a great story! Love the little sweater and the adorable girl wearing it.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Awww. So adorable!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Oh, Jackie, that sweater looks even cuter now than it did a couple years ago...and it was adorable then. Keep going with your Icarus...you'll be so happy when it's done...even though you may be trying to strangle yourself with it now. LOL!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home