Friday, May 09, 2008

Lush and Lacy

Remember all that birthday stuff I mentioned in the last post? Well I neglected to mention that I also received a couple of patterns that were in my queue. One of which was a love-at-first-sight pattern for me, the Lush and Lacy cardigan. Once I had the pattern (thanks again guys) I started searching the Internets for the perfect yarn. Of course I saw the Lush that the pattern called for, but not at a price I liked. Subs were investigated, options were weighed. Then I realized that I live pretty close to the Classic Elite factory store, and lo and behold, they had a ton of Lush in this gorgeous color for $6.50 a skein. Yippee! A few short weeks later:



I love the lace and the peplum sleeves. I'm kind of a girly-girl sometimes.

Details:
Pattern: Lush and Lacy Cardigan, size 36-1/2" (1.5 inches negative ease)
Yarn: Classic Elite Lush, Grassland -- 6 skeins
Started: Wednesday, April 23
Finished: Wednesday, May 7 (okay, I finished the buttons on the 8th)
Mods: I did button tabs instead of a crochet loop to catch the button. I admit, not an original idea, but cute.


Princess Diana pose:



I really don't seem to know what to do with my hands.



Check out the button tabs:



I'm happy with this one.

7 Comments:

Blogger yarnslinger said...

Wow, I *love* this!!! Admit it, you knit in your sleep, don't you?

10:05 AM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

Beautious!!! I'm jealous of your speedy little hands there...

10:22 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

WOW!! That sweater is beautiful and you look HOT girlie!!

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely sweater! It looks great on you.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

That is gorgeous! You did a wonderful job. Good present.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Ooo, love all the details! It looks just wonderful on you. Well done!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Gina House said...

YOU look beautiful!!!! The sweater is even more stunning in person - and soft as hell! What a great deal you got on that yarn, too. Amazing!

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home