Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Retrofits

I've been loving Jesse Loesberg ever since Avast, but when I saw Retrofit in the new Knitty, I knew that I had to knit it, and knit it small. It was almost perfectly what I'd been thinking of making for The Boy; a cardigan instead of half-zip pullover, but hey, close enough. I asked him only what colors he wanted, and went shopping. After some math I cast on and pretty quickly finished the sweater. I ran right out and purchased a separating zipper (I learn from my friends' mistakes) and there it sat. I even wove in all the ends before attempting to sew in this zipper. I almost never weave in ends, but I was procrastinating. The zipper thing scared the holy crap out of me. I spent two hours on Saturday pinning, unpinning, basting, sewing, ripping out stitches and pinning again. I finally just went ahead and sewed half of it in, and left it in a pile. This afternoon I attempted it again, pinned the other half, basted, and sewed. This half took approximately 1/2 hour. It's done!! Yay! He can wear it now! It looks good!


Here, have some photos:





Details:
Pattern: Retrofit, Fall 2008 Knitty
Yarn: Cascade 220, less than two skeins each color
Started: Sept. 13, 2008
Finished: (Knitting) Sept. 30, 2008 (Sewing in zipper) Oct. 21, 2008
Mods: Cast on fewer stitches to fit 7 year-old

5 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

What a wonderful jacket, it turned out fantastically.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Fantasticl! Those colors go so well together and are perfect on The Boy. So handsome....great job!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

It looks great on Mr. Boy!!! Love it!

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! He looks so happy with it.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater is perfect in every way. I love the colors, the fit, the pattern, the knitting and the zipper. And the Boy is very handsome!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home