Friday, April 24, 2009

A Blog Post

Wow, really? I guess it has been quite a while since I last posted. It's not like I haven't been knitting, because I definitely have. Since the last post, I've made three more afghan squares, two hats, two pair of felted clogs, two sweaters for The Girl, two baby hats, one baby sweater, one big girl sweater (mine) and two Easter baskets. The one project that's made me want to actually post is this one:



Look, it's a child-sized 103-1 Drops a-line jacket!. Oh this one is love city, baby. I was talking to Gina a couple of weeks ago on the phone and was asking her opinion as to weather I should try to make this in a child size by knitting at a smaller gauge. Not only did she tell me to go for it, she also gave me the yarn for my birthday to make it.

Details:
Pattern: Drops 103-1
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash, color 824
Start date: April 11
Finish date: April 23
Modifications: Knitted the XL size with size 7 needles on worsted weight yarn to make a size 4. Also knitted sides and back pieces together.

Bonus extra pictures, since I took 99.





And it only cost me one Littlest Pet Shop toy to get her to model!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, that is too sweet! She looks beautiful in it!

So, all you did was use smaller needles and yarn? I may have to try this.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Ooh gorgeous. I may have to go and have a look in my stash to see what I can acheive for a 7 yr old.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

it turned out soooo cute - and she did a great job modeling, too!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Lora said...

Cheap Model! LOL
It is adorable!

8:08 AM  
Blogger pigbook1 said...

So freaking adorable! I can't believe how fast you whip up knitted items that look so amazing!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Oh, Jackie, it looks just lovely on her! Well done!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Both the sweater and your little cutie should be on a magazine cover.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

I love it! Are you going to make a big girl size to match?

4:10 PM  
Blogger Gina House said...

Oh, my....can she be any more friggin adorable????? I love how she's posing in the first picture!!!

Your idea was excellent and I'm so glad I agreed with you about it. LOL! It came out more perfect than I ever imagined.

Make ME one next???

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Marion said...

WOW! That sweater is beautiful and the model is so cute, especially in the first picture.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home